Sunday, October 2, 2011

A special gift

I have been very distant from my grief lately. Unfortunately that includes writing in my blog. I have really missed sharing some of my stories here, but have not been able to bring myself to "experience it" this way. I have been very lonely and sad and felt quite friendless here of late. I have made new facebook friends and new online support group acquaintances, but in my personal life and space there has been no one except for my wonderful boyfriend. He has been my rock and my shoulder to lean in , but I have missed the female companionship I used to have before all my "friends" went by the wayside in the wake of Leo's death. I actually sat at my computer and as I scanned everyone's status updates, I realized that I had never met any of those ladies and although I love them, I crave a hug and a coffee date and a friendship gift from someone. I wept over my lack of true friendship and my circumstances. I wept for the lack of my little buddy who was supposed to occupy so much of my time. I wept for my loneliness.

I went to work yesterday and saw a girl I have known for many years and lost repeatedly to work and transfers and life choices. I realized how much I missed her in my life and then I thought about her move soon two hours away. She said that she had something for me. We ran to the office where our purses were and she pulled a stone out of her purse. She handed it to me and I realized it was my favorite stone of all time! It was a magnificent slab of Labradorite! I recalled a conversation we once had about our favorite stone and how we had agreed that this one was both of our favorites. I told her it was beautiful and asked where it came from. What she said touched my heart deeply.

She said that she had a slab of Labradorite that was very special to her and as a token of our fateful friendship she went to a rock shop and had the guy cut it in half. It was like a best friend necklace that you would get in middle school, but it went deeper than that. Labradorite has magical harmony about it and we will forever hold a piece of the same stone.

I tried to hold in the tears, but couldn't. I had been so sad about not having a true friend when, even though fate has stolen her from me once again, I have one who will always be with me in spirit. Thank you Sally. I will treasure it always.

No comments:

Post a Comment