Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sally deserves Leo

I just had a crazy thought.

I remembered when I was a teenager and I met an older lady at our church. She was a sweet soul named Sally and she and her husband Jim were childless. She saw some of my art work and expressed to my mother and me that she wished she could learn to paint. I talked with my mom and we decided that one afternoon a week I could go to her house and teach her to paint.

I ended up getting close to her and we would chat while we painted. She told me about how she had always wanted children, but had never been blessed with one. She said she had found peace with it and was happy spending time with other people's children. I remember not understanding.

I found out about 6 months ago that she had recently passed away from breast cancer. It has been years since we spoke to one another. As I was just sitting here thinking about my son in heaven, she crossed my mind.

Do you think it's possible she could get to take care of my baby in heaven? Can I adopt him to her in the afterlife? If anyone gets to care for my lost son, I'd like it to be her. She deserves the chance, and I would be honored.

No comments:

Post a Comment