Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Our last days together


This was taken two days before you passed. I went to pick up your big brother from grandma's house after work. Before I left her house, I had this crazy felling that I needed to get pictures of your brother with my belly. I ran out to my car and luckily still had my camera in there. I had her get about 10 pictures  of us together and I thought they turned out great! Little did I know that these would be the only pictures of you and your brother. There would be no need for the special picture club I had joined at Sears for free 8x10's for grandma. There would be no need for the matching little "tough guy" gorilla shirts your brother picked out for your first photo shoot together. 

So many lost opportunities. 

It makes me think about Your brother's and my favorite Beatles song. He knows all the words and I have  the lyrics tattooed on my left arm. Across the Universe. "Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup. They slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe." I never knew how true those words could be until you slipped right through my heart and your spirit flew away across the heavens. I do disagree with one lyric in the song though. "Nothing's gonna change my world". You did my love. You changed my world forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment