Friday, June 10, 2011

The red dress

When I first found out I was pregnant I was too scared to run and check out the maternity section at Target. However, a couple months in, I was all about a new wardrobe for my new body for I am a serial shopper. I remember one of the first trips to check out the clothes, before it was actually necessary for me to wear them, I saw this red dress. It was maternity, yes, but it was sexy. It was made of a soft cotton stretch material and draped at the neckline and fit me perfectly. I loved the dress. I saw the price tag of $30 though and had to think about it. I wouldn't have a lot of places or opportunities to wear it, so I put it back on the rack. I told myself come June it will go on clearance and then you can afford it.

Well today I was perusing the clearance racks at Target (my second home) and there it was. Staring at me from amidst the other shirts and pants and skirts that failed to sell, the red dress I had wanted so badly. It screamed at me. I couldn't help but notice it, for you see, I already told you, I loved this dress. I think I have been subconsciously scanning for it since I first saw it back in February. I picked it up and felt how soft it was and checked the price tag and at $13.49 it was totally in my price range now. In my price range but out of my lifestyle range. It was a little too late to come home with me. 6 weeks to be exact. I held it up let myself grieve lost opportunities and shed a tear. I carefully placed it back on the rack and hung my head and walked away from the clothing section.

There will be a better dress next time.

At least that is how I'm moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment